- Samuel C. Johnson founds a parquet flooring company. Within two years, he develops and markets Johnson’s Prepared Paste Wax for the care of those floors.
- Four partners found Diversey Corporation in Chicago to develop and market cleaning products to commercial enterprises; the company is named for Diversey Boulevard, where the four met to establish the company.
- H.F. Johnson invests in sustainability of carnauba palm leaf wax, a key ingredient in his company's products.
- Voluntarily eliminated CFC propellants from all aerosol products worldwide - years before the law required the elimination of CFCs
- Earned World Packaging Organization’s "Worldstar Award" for introduction of Envirobox™
- Awarded a Presidential Citation in the 1st Annual Environment and Conservation Awards program
- Phased out APEOs in Europe; APEOs not outlawed in Europe until 2003
- United Nations Environmental Programme Award
- World Environment Center Gold Medal for International Corporate Environmental Achievement
- Began Water Sustainability Projects
- Founded Marine Stewardship Council with WWF
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Washright Campaign (energy efficiency)
- Support and take part in 'SWIM' : International symposium for 'Sustainable Water and Integrated Catchment Management'
- Support and assist development of 'GREAT-ER': Geography-referenced Regional Exposure Assessment Tool
- JohnsonDiversey formed when Johnson Wax Professional acquires DiverseyLever
- Introduced ResponsibleSolutions™, our environmental policy and developed Healthy High Performance Cleaning program
- World Headquarters awarded LEED Gold Level Certification, U.S. Green Building Council
- First business-to-business chemical manufacturer awarded A.I.S.E. Charter for Sustainable Cleaning
- Eliminated APEOs from formulations globally
- Jonmaster/iMap wins INTERCLEAN top innovation award
- New JohnsonDiversey distribution center earns LEED Gold, becomes largest LEED-certified building of its kind
- JohnsonDiversey reformulates floor-care product line to meet California Air Resource Board standards more than two years ahead of 2011 deadline
- JohnsonDiversey joins WWF's Climate Savers program, making the most ambitious climate commitment in the cleaning industry
- JohnsonDiversey plays leadership role in development of U.S. EPA's Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative, earns Champion status
- JohnsonDiversey awards $1 million grant to support effort to create stewardship standards and certification program for water users and managers
- JohnsonDiversey announces commitment to triple its absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2013 under WWF's Climate Savers program
- JohnsonDiversey chairman announces commitment to carbon footprint company's product portfolio
- Diversey Inc. begins a new chapter in a long legacy of environmental sustainability. We’re committed to a cleaner, healthier future... for everyone.